Saturday, September 27, 2014

Brick by Brick

I hurt
All over
My heart bled
Clear love
And burned
EVERYTHING
My soul
Ash
So
With charred
Bloody
Fingers
I began 
Brick
By
Brick
Layer
By
Layer
Higher
And 
Higher
Till the wall
Was built
Protecting
ME
Masking
ME
Keeping out
THEM
Trapping
ME
Cutting off
ME
LOST
FORGETTEN
My new world
DARK
but safe
LONLEY
but safe
SAD
but safe
SILENT
but safe
COLORLESS
but safe
LIFELESS
but safe
I began
To become
The wall
Melting
Out
Of
Existence
Until…
YOU
You climbed
And
Climbed
And 
Climbed
Then
YOU
Were next to
ME
LIFTING
REVIVING
HELPING
BEFRIENDING
ME
We cracked
The wall
TOGETHER
The light
Broke through
blinding me
YOU
Covered my eyes
Helping 
ME
REASJUST
OPEN UP
And BECOME
someone
NEW
The wall
GONE
Replaced
By
YOUR ARMS
Encircling 
ME

7 comments:

  1. I like how you put safe in between a couple of your lines and how every time they got smaller in size. I like the style of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this reminds me of the quote "people don't put up walls to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to tare them down"

    Amazing post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh. I've never heard that quote. But its definitely a great one!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog post is soo so good. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete