Saturday, September 6, 2014

Wanting to be a Child

The innocence of childhood
Pain, understanding, and loss of losing it

Once a siren meant, "fire truck mommy!"
Now I pray for everyone I love 

Once everyone was friends
Now "it's complicated"

Once I could sing and dance freely
Now I have a "reputation" to uphold

Once I drew with crayons, embracing mistakes
Now I draw in pencil, afraid of screwing up

Once both my life and world were perfect
Now I'm struggling to stay alive

Once I was a child , wanting to grow up
Now I'm grown up, wanting to be a child

3 comments:

  1. Realist thing I've read all week. And I read the newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Once I was a child , wanting to grow up
    Now I'm grown up, wanting to be a child"

    very well written. so real. great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Now I draw in pencil, afraid of screwing up." Deep thinking. Great post.

    Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete