Friday, September 19, 2014

Unrequited Love

Love is the shaving cream you smeared all over my face and me chasing you all over the yard after. 

Love is those long drives we used to take, to steal a few precious moments together. The few moments I could truly be myself

Love is you putting your arm around me, trying to hold me together with your love. The brief touches and intimate looks we shared when we though no one else was looking. 

Love is holding each other as we cry. 

Love is you using my shoulder as a pillow because you didn't get enough sleep last night. 

Love is passing the potatoes

Love is whispering as we sit by the fire. 


Love is making you laugh, because there's nothing that makes me happier than seeing you happy and smiling. 

Love is the notes we passed, the stories we told, because there's no one I trust more than you. 

Love is letting you go because someone caught your eye. 

Love is supporting you, ignoring peoples questions, and defending you and your choice to leave. 

Love is still putting you before everything. 

Love you even if you don't love me back. 

Even if I cry over the thought of you every night, though I'd never admit it. 

Because no matter what I'll love you. Now. Forever. Always. 

And here's hoping. 

Hoping that one day this complicated unrequited love will become simple, true love once more. 





2 comments:

  1. I honesty love this so much. Gives me the goosebumps and the feels. Too many great lines to quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Love is letting you go because someone caught your eye."

    #STOLEN

    This is beauty and tragedy and I love everything about it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete