Saturday, September 13, 2014

My Fear of Fear

I have a fear of fear
Cause it takes everything dear
To me
You see
I'm afraid to talk
On this fear walk
Cause all you people
Who can't look at a church steeple
Use
    Accuse 
        Bruise
   Abuse
      Take 
Awake
Innocent folk
Cause their life's a joke
Something to throw away
Delay
Push down
Place on you the crown
To place you among the kings
Giving you wings
To soar above the rest 
Who gave everything at your request
This I used to think
From stuff in ink
That you'd do anything to rise
But I was taken by surprise
When one day
I didn't want to stay
Someone reached out
And asked about
My story
Even though there was no glory
They cared
Shared
      Taught 
          Fought
         Defended
    Reprimanded
Me 
Cause I'm ME
I fell in love
Something I'd only dreamt of
I fell in love all over again
And again
    And again
        And again
            And again
                  And again
I finally knew what it felt like to be human
And I felt like a new man
Being human was to feel
Something real
An emotion
I used to think was a silly notion
    But the tears
And the fears
 The smiles
      The miles
Traveled
      Unraveled
Until we find Love
That fits like a glove
Anger
      Danger
Joy
  Coy
This thumping in my chest
Is the test
To tell if I'm alive
But these feelings I need to thrive
To make me a person
Not a burden
So let me feel
To seal the deal
To make
   me 
         HUMAN










6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I love the ring to this poem and the format is so magical! I felt all tingly as I read this! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap. You're gonna be a legend one day. Your writing is killer. You should rap battle maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of this man, it reminded me of a tornado, yet it was so straight to the point. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your writing has a rhythm and i like it.

    ReplyDelete