Sunday, August 23, 2015

hold on tight

life has a strange way 
of changing how i feel
one of my friends once told me
"if you want to make God laugh
tell Him your plans"
boy, do i sure make Him laugh
a lot

when i was a little kid
i planned
on being:
vet
singer
author
actress
artist
teacher
mom
all at once
now
i only plan on
one of those

when i was a freshman
i planned
on being 
a basketball star
3 months later
i started playing
ultimate

when i was 16
i planned
on marrying
my best friend
who i currently
havent talked to
for 6 months
and counting

before i graduated
i planned
on coaching my team
every week
now
i don't even know
if i'll come home 
once a month
i planned
on going to everyones
farewells
in the end
i made it
to one

now
i don't know
what my plans are
i keep changing
my perspective keeps
switching
my life 
keeps flipping
and all i can do
is hold on 
tight

hold on tight
because 
the feeling of falling
is more exciting
and worth it
than being grounded
and safe
no matter what happens
how far I fall
the wind through my hair
and seeing the world
from a new perspective
will remind me 
of the joy of falling
in love

no matter how much 
landing hurts
the pain
makes me stronger
new hope
always seems brighter
and the boy
i  dream about
will always
be there 
to catch me
and teach me
how
to smile
again



1 comment:

  1. This is beyond accurate.
    I love the ending paragraph and the lists of dreams

    ReplyDelete