Friday, August 29, 2014

Kill Your Heros

"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! ... How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; leave me my name!" -John Proctor, The Crucible

The importance of a NAME.  The meaning, the ownership, the sense of freedom that comes with ones name.  Everyone's name has purpose and value.  With great care I choose the pen name Douglas Malloch.  What it means to the average person I know not, but to me, to me it means strength, courage, and a will to work hard and move on.

"Well, I met an old man
Dying on a train.
No more destination,
No more pain.
Well, he said
"One thing before I graduate
Never let your fear decide your fate."

 I say ya kill your heroes and
Fly, fly, baby don't cry.
No need to worry cause
Everybody will die.
Every day we just
Go, go, baby don't go.
Don't you worry we
Love you more than you know."
~AWOLNATION Kill Your Heroes~

This blog is  about my journey to kill my heroes.  To kill my heroes would be freedom and peace, independence and sorrow.  To kill my heroes would breaking away and becoming the me I was destined to be.  To kill my heroes would be to come out into the light and shine, to stop hiding behind those who have protected me for so long.  To kill my heroes is to stand still and breath.
 
This blog is about a dead love, the tears that healed the wound and washed away my fear.  Never more will it control my fate, who I am, or who I become. 
I Will Be
Forever
FREE.




 

1 comment:

  1. "To kill my heroes would be breaking away and becoming the me I was destined to be."

    We are all destined for greatness. I can't wait to see where you end up.

    ReplyDelete